HTML5 Boilerplate homepage | Documentation table of contents
HTML5 Boilerplate’s CSS includes:
In order to make browsers render all elements more consistently and in line with modern standards, we include Normalize.css — a modern, HTML5-ready alternative to CSS resets.
As opposed to CSS resets, Normalize.css:
- targets only the styles that need normalizing
- preserves useful browser defaults rather than erasing them
- corrects bugs and common browser inconsistencies
- improves usability with subtle improvements
- doesn’t clutter the debugging tools
- has better documentation
For more information about Normalize.css, please refer to its project page.
Several base styles are included that build upon
Normalize.css. These styles:
- provide basic typography settings that improve text readability
- protect against unwanted
text-shadowduring text highlighting
- tweak the default alignment of some elements (e.g.:
- style the prompt that is displayed to users using an outdated browser
- and more…
These styles are included in main.css. See the main.css project documentation for a full discussion of these styles.